Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Lot of Nothing

It's 0100, five hours into a twelve hour night shift. My paperwork is done and most clients are currently asleep.

What's on my mind tonight? Either a lot of nothing or a lot of minor issues cuz there's nothing in particular on my mind, it seems. It's the last of three long nights; I just want it to be morning so I can pick up my favorite gremlin from the sitter and go home. Four days off sounds like a long time, but they always pass so quickly.

A patient asked me what I would do on my time off; I really have no specific plans. There is housework to do, yardwork to start, food to cook, and groceries to shop for. I'd like to spend at least one day in the city, visiting my oldest son and shopping for groceries. Maybe a little bit of window shopping, too.

It's Easter weekend and my family of origin has nothing planned. We used to get together so often as a family for absolutely no reason. The past few years it's been such a struggle to plan get togethers cuz the family is becoming larger and larger each year. Marriages, births, etc. Family members are moving away and going away to do mission work. It's virtually impossible to get everyone together for a gathering.

So, yeah, there's not a lot on my mind. I'm just tired and looking forward to seeing Kevy in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment