Thursday, February 9, 2012

PURGING -- ROUND TWO


 Getting rid of as many clothes as I did a few days ago, you’d think that was the end of it.  But, oh no, I had a second go-round with the leftover clothes, and whittled away the pile by perhaps another third.  Things I’ve never worn, things that don’t fit properly, things that are uncomfortable, colors I can’t stand, and so on.  All gone.  Well, not quite gone; most are waiting for inclusion in a new rug while a few are waiting for a ride to the thrift store.

This weekend I tackled a long overdue project and that was to clean the cupboard under the bathroom sink.  It was quite cluttered and full, now its much emptier and well organized.  A few cosmetics went in the trash.  There is a maximum time that you should be keeping cosmetics before they need to be thrown away.  Since I haven’t purchased any in the past year, I’m guessing ALL of mine should have gone to the landfill.  I kept back the minimum that I need to keep until my great Arbonne shopping spree in May!

Going through boxes and bins in the basement has been on my list of projects since moving in.  This weekend I went through two boxes.  Granted, they were both extremely small boxes (think shoe box size), but everything has been allocated to a new home.  Jen’s stack of papers from school has been recycled, kept for a bit longer, or tossed completely.  I’ll revisit the “keepers” in a week or two, and I’m sure I’ll be able to get rid of even more.  Why did I do Jen’s and not Chris’s?  Very simply put, Jen’s papers were easily accessible, Chris’s weren’t. I’ll get to his when I open the right box downstairs.

Ugh, why are we so attached to our belongings?  Is it really necessary to keep so many things?  I'm sensing that I'm really on a mission here, to rid myself of anything that isn't necessary.  

Stay tuned .  . .

No comments:

Post a Comment