Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Right Thing

It's been a relatively routine and quiet day at my house. Got home from work at 0815 and went straight to bed and slept till 1330.

Out of the house by 1400 and at the sitter by 1415. Son #2 gave me the best greeting ever! I closed the house door behind me and heard his voice, "mom? Mommy?!" and he came hurtling up the stairs and launched himself at me. He cuddled up to me as I sat on the floor, looking a bit smug as if he was thinking, "I've got my mommy. She's my mommy and you can't have her!"

He needed no coaxing this time to get his outside gear on and was out the door before I was done chatting with his sitter.

If ever I need confirmation that I did the right thing by "adopting" him, or if ever I need to be reminded that I am a worthwhile person, I need only think back on incidents like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment