Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Varying Shades of Grey

Definitely not to be confused with the popular book series that had the words "grey" and "shades" in it, I'm referring to depression and its ups and downs.  Lately my ups have been so low that they are still in the grey.

Picture a grey cloud descending upon your world, just yours.  Somedays the sun shines and you can almost see its rays.  Other days the cloud is dark and gloomy.  But most days it is just grey.  Then, when meds start to work and depression starts to lift, the sun actually does shine through.

Its easy for those who have never suffered to say "its all in your head."  "just get over it!"  "What are you depressed about?"

There really is no rhyme or reason to depression, it just appears whenever it is presented with an opportunity.

Anyhow, my world is grey now, pretty darn grey.  And on a good day, its a little less grey.  Thus, the varying shades of grey.

Everything in my world is demanding my attention and I just am completely overwhelmed with it all.  So not like me to be quite this low, I am becoming concerned with the bleakness of my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment