Sunday, May 1, 2011

Moving On

So now we know; Jen got the job she's been interviewing for over the past few weeks. First an interview, then wait. Another interview, then wait again. Then a third and final interview. And suspense and a feeling of uncertainty for Jen.

On the way to work I called Jen at work to ask if she could please watch Kevy in the morning while I slept. She replied by saying "Sure, whatever is best for you." I almost drove off the road in my state of shock, but I quickly recovered and asked why she was being so nice. "Oh, I've only got a week and a half left."

That was how I found out she got the job.

The job is as a 'key holder' at Bluenotes in St. Vital. She's been working at Clearspring's Bluenotes since October and has been doing very well.

However, having an adult child move back home is a challenging situation at best. Our particular situation has a lot of extra challenges thrown in and as soon as Jen began recovering from the depression that necessitated her move home, it became apparent that this could not be a permanent arrangement.

When the possibility of a transfer to Winnipeg opened up for her, we were both excited; we both know that we can't be together under the same roof anymore. We're just much to much alike!!

So, in about ten days, she'll move to Winnipeg and begin a new chapter in her life. Kevy and I will stay in Steinbach for now and keep doing what we've been doing. And I'll mull over the city vs country question. Sigh. That's a tough decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment