Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Book

For years it's been on my goal list and for years I've postponed it in favor of more pressing issues. That, and I wasn't quite sure what type of book I really wanted to write but as of today, July 21, 2010, I have officially started writing a book.

Tenatively titled "To Protect This Heart," it is designed to prevent my experiences in life from being repeated in other females. There are lessons to be learned from the not-so-pleasant aspects of my life. There is also an important message for fathers of daughters.

It is not going to be a book written with the aim of pointing fingers and naming names and blaming games. I just don't want another woman to spend a lifetime wondering why she can't seem to find a good man; why the men she choses continue to be such 'winners.'

It's not a book of excuses to absolve me of any responsibility for poor choices. Instead, I hope to come to an understanding as to why I made particular choices despite knowing I was making a dangerous choice.

My father wrote a book and self-published it; I am not sure that my book will ever be officially published. I'm writing it as part of a journey of self-exploration, and will share it's contents willingly with anyone who is interested.

I've always said my life is an open book and I've got nothing to hide from anyone. This will really put those words to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment