Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"How to Make a Living Without a Job"

This is a book I bought way back in December 2009, read it once, packed it for moving, and just read it again this week.  This book gives me hope that it is possible to be a SAHM for Kev sometime before he starts school.

As much as I love my chosen field of work, I have found something that I love even more than being at work, and that is being with my sunshine. 

Far from suggesting that people should all be born rich and not have to work, this book suggests that we all have our own talents and niches and that being our own bosses provides happiness in ways that working for corporations cannot. 

It also suggests that one can have multiple different ventures going on consecutively to provide variety.  Sounds like that idea might work for someone with ADD!

Usually its the activity in life that makes us feel the most alive that is the one that we could be financially successful at.  

I'm not quitting my job tomorrow, in case any of you are concerned about that.  Not nearly; I'm actually flat broke right now. No danger of me tapering down to casual employment until I've got some backup income coming in. 

Before that happens I need to brainstorm all the things that I enjoy doing, and then try to devise a way to make money from one of those activities.  Wow.  That's no small order. 

If any of you are "joyfully jobless" as the author refers to those who follow her advice, please tell me how you did it and what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment