Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quebec to Toronto

My 19 year old daughter and I are midway between Quebec and Toronto, at an altitude of 36000 feet, a speed of 416 miles per hour, with an outside temperature of -72.6C.

Flying sure isn't what it used to be; instead of a huge movie screen in the front of the cabin, each seat has a screen built into the back of it. We can watch movies, tv, or news. I've been watching "A-Team," a movie based on a TV series I used to watch as a teen.

Jen is listening to music and watching the detailed map that illustrates our progress.

Juno is sleeping in her kennel by my feet. There was quite a kerfluffle actually getting her on the plane as her kennel was a half inch too large. It was a tense few minutes when an Air Canada supervisor physically took the kennel onto the actual aircraft to ensure that it would stow properly beneath the seat.

We've just begun out descent into Toronto where we will have a layover of about two hours; just long enough to take Juno out for a pee and poop, then find the right gate and do a bit of exploring on the airport.

I have not seen the inside of the Toronto airport since 1992 when I flew to Gagetown to see Kevin, my ex-husband. Chris and Jen stayed with my late sister, Marj for the four days and three nights that I was gone.

It's just a smidge more than five hours till Kev can give me a big sloppy hug and kiss.

Still too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment