Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tupperware Party at My House

Since a few of you have asked how the Tupperware party went last night at my house, I'll give you my version of how it went down. 

I'm sure the Tupperware lady was horrified to learn that the amount of sales made at my house didn't really excite me much either way!  I told her, just like I've told everyone else, that I didn't have the party to make lots of sales, I just needed an excuse to have people over to my house.  Apparently I'm tired of not socializing.  Hey, stranger things have happened.

Before the Tupperware lady arrived, I had two guests; I wasn't even dressed in my party attire yet, which consisted of my infamous black and white Adidas track pants and a dirty t-shirt.  I pull out all the stops when it comes to entertaining! 

My darling sister-in-law was supposed to be here at 1630 to make her new dip recipe, but arrived after the first two guests and before the Tupperware lady.  She had my Mom with her, which totally made my day!

My niece was the next to arrive and I hardly recognized her!  I had seen her just a few days prior but then she was dressed in "work outside" clothing and now I think she may have been wearing makeup!  She's gorgeous!  Anyway, her husband sent her with strict orders to come home with MORE Tupperware!  Have you ever heard of a husband doing that?! 

From then until the end of the party, guests came and went.  Some stayed a while, some bounced in and bounced right out again.  Neighbors from down the street walked over; it was awesome!  I loved every minute of it. 

My two nieces were here with their girls, Kev's babysitter was here with her girls, and so on. 

No tale of a party would be complete without the menu, would it?  Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Snickerdoodles, and Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Made by yours truly, of course.  Interestingly enough, it was the Chocolate Chip Cookies that kept on disappearing, while enough remained of the others to bring to my son's today.  Those Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a hit, no matter how they look, no matter how crisp or chewy they are.  Every time I make them, they just disappear as if by magic.

I had planned on making Dad's Oatmeal Cookies, too, but sort of ran out of time in my day because the Snickerdoodles had an unfortunate mishap that required fixing in order to be edible.  They blended together in the pan into one large cookie, something I've never had a problem with before.  Rather than start all over, I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut the dough into heart shapes.  They were still as delicious as only
Snickerdoodles can be, but they likely looked a little bit suspect to the guests. 

Luanna made a chip dip of refried beans, sour cream, guacomole, lettuce, and cheese.  It was absolutely divine! Its only downfall was that there were olives on it.  I accidentally ate one and thought I might die from the taste of it.  Yes, I'm exagerrating, but only a little.

All in all, the evening couldn't have been any better than the way it was as it was absolutely perfect. There will be more parties at my house in the near future.  Epicure, Pampered Chef, Passion Party, Norwex, etc. 

For those of you in the area, just come on down and join me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment