Monday, September 20, 2010

Mixed Feelings

As I write this post I cruising along at a speed of 586 mph at an altitude of 41629. According to the map that shows up on the TV every few minutes, we are just north of one of the Great Lakes and the nose of the plane is right over the star that represents Montreal.

Kevin was not happy about being awoken at 0545 and carried to the already running car. Although his outlook on life changed as soon as I mentioned Timbits; he's a bit of a Timbit freak.

Christopher, on the other hand, didn't grumble at all when I called to ask if he was ready for our early morning date. Remarkably, I did not wait for him as I had become accustomed to during his late teen years.

He waited with me at the airport for 45 minutes or so and we discussed many topics ranging from cats to dogs to Jen.

Ah, we are beginning our descent into Montreal, an airport which I have seen twice, a city which I have never seen.

Mixed feelings seem to rule the day today. Excitement over the adventure I'm on, sadness for the reason for my adventure, and plain old excitement at the prospect of seeing my baby girl this afternoon. All that is mixed with loneliness for the gremlin child and gratitude for his truly wonderful sitter.

And I'd be flat out lying if I didn't mention the "oh my god I'm gonna be able to take such cool pictures" feeling that's come over me as I realized that I was seeing the St. Lawrence River!!

Bye bye! More tonight! Thanks for all the positive vibes and energy you've been sending our way; I can certainly feel it.

Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Myrna!! I so wanted to ask you if you were going to take lots of pics, but thought it so inappropriate given the reason for your trip! I hope that you enjoy your time in what I have heard is an AMAZING city...I truly hope that you will be able to counsel and guide Jen...that you two will have an opportunity to bond and heal...that both of you can come out stronger from this visit...

    oh yeah...I really want to see the pics you get a chance to take!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cindy. somedays i'm jealous that you have only boys and ike to deal with.

    she's been quite emotional the last hour or so while packing her belongings.

    its difficult to witness.

    i'm stronger than i was when she left but i'm not sure i'm strong enough yet to handle what's coming. continue with those happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete