Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Toronto to Winnipeg

At last! The final leg of our journey!

We are on an Airbus 320: three seats on either side of the aisle. Jen is in the center seat on one side of the aisle and I'm in the same seat on the opposite side. I've got Juno, she's got the handsome young seatmate.

Kev's schoolbus is in the sidepocket of my carry on so I've got quick and easy access to it when I first see him. He is the love of my life and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of him preferring Jen over me. Perhaps on some level I'm afraid of losing him to her. She swears it will never happen, but it's impossible to not fall head over heels in love with the gremlin.

The two hour layover in Toronto was wonderful. We first spent ten to twenty minutes outside the terminal trying to make Juno pee or poop. She did nothing but attract attention by acting cute and adorable. She graciously allowed us to walk her up and down the sidewalk a few times but refused to do her business.

Getting back in through security was tense. The first guard had such a thick accent that I could not understand him, so I couldn't follow his instructions as expected. I suppose that made me appear ill at ease and he made a fuss about my hoodie and the fact that my boarding pass did not have mention of a pet on it. To top it off, I prematurely walked through the body scanner and he noisily waved me back through.

And, the second bag search ensued shortly after. This time they were privy to a two-day old pair of sock and two days worth of dirty underwear. Serves them right. I never did figure out the reason for this search.

In Winnipeg they were searching for my toothpaste, but here, who knows. Jen and I got Starbucks and sat down together. We shared a remarkably good time. The mother - daughter time that we so desperately needed. It was quit a civil interlude for both of us.

So, yeah, we're getting close to Winnipeg; less than an hour till our arrival. I'd imagine Carol, Mom and Kev are close by and waiting anxiously to see us.

Must stop blogging now. Am falling asleep intermittently.

No comments:

Post a Comment