Thursday, February 25, 2010

EMERGENCY ROOM NURSE!!!!

Yes, you read that correctly! I am an emergency room nurse! And I'm super excited about it!! Not just to be working in emerg, but that I finally have a position in Steinbach! It was getting so close to moving time and work details still weren't finalized, and I was getting more than a little bit nervous that I would quit one job and not yet have another. Phew!

A huge sigh of relief. And, I cannot lie to you, I ran out into the hallway and danced around a little at the nursing desk and told anyone within earshot that I had got the position I applied for. Of course, they all were confident that I would get the position, but there was more at stake for me and I was just a wee bit worried.

My first phone call was to my mother, she was the one that asked me at least two or three times a day if I had a job already.

My break time is almost over and I have no doubt that the rest of my day will fly by in my excitement. However, it is bitter sweet in some ways. I absolutely love the Health Science Centre; in many ways it feels like home. You may wonder why I'm leaving? I think I've explained it previously, but this is a brief summary of my reasons in case I haven't. My mother is getting on in years and I need to be there for her, my VBF lives there, I'm tired of city life, its just Kev and me now, and I really would prefer to raise him out of the city where he has more space to run and play. There you have it. Thank you all for reading, and I will definitely keep you posted on the new job details.

No comments:

Post a Comment