Monday, February 1, 2010

Quick Post . . .

Hey, just letting you all know I haven't left the blogging world, I'm just stuck without internet access. Apparently I used up 500 MB on my Roger's contract this month. And the guys I bought my phone from said it wasn't physically possible to use that much in a billing cycle. Ha!!

So some super-quick updates:

Jen is still in Quebec and is doing very well and is happy there. We talk only when she wants to talk.

Kev has asthma, and now it appears I do as well. My doctor says there is no such thing as adult onset asthma but there is a small chance that he may be incorrect. Yes, I am a nurse and I am saying that a doctor may be incorrect. Doctors are not infallible, you know. Nor are nurses, for that matter.

Princess is still looking for a home; he is on a waiting list for a no-kill animal shelter on Portage Avenue. And its gonna cost me a small fortune to 'give' him to the shelter.

And the best update is that we have found a place to live in Steinbach and will be moving shortly after March 1. Likely the following weekend on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We would move earlier, but I think I am working that week. Only four more weeks to go!!

Those are my updates.

I am at work right now, more than halfway through a night shift, almost time for break now, and then it'll be time to go home.

Rachel is at my place, sleeping on a mattress on the living room floor. If she hadn't so kindly agreeed to do this, Kev would be sleeping at the babysitter's place. And, not that its a bad thing for him to sleep there, but I just think that its better for him to sleep at home as much as possible, and to have his life disrupted by my crazy-ass work schedule as little as possible.

Kev and I were out in the country to look at houses and visit everyone yesterday. The best time was when we had supper at Orlando and Luanna's. I can't remember when I've laughed so hard and so often. The funniest thing was when Kev was putting farmer sausage in Great-Grandma's tea. I thought I might wet my pants from laughing so hard. And she just calmly fished it out and gave it back to him. The conversation around the table was nearly as colorful as some of the conversations we have at work sometimes. Fun times.

Anyhow, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment