Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MY NEW HOME

Now that I have that out of the way, let me tell you about my new home! Its beautiful! The inside is so spacious! After living in a residence with four levels and many small rooms and each area separated from another by a wall, the floor plan in this home couldn’t be any more perfect!

Upon entering the front door, to your right is a staircase down to a full basement, unfinished, but perfect for playing or working out when its too cold to be outside.

Forward from the front door, on your left is the door to Kev’s bedroom, which on the floor plan is labeled as the “lifestyle room.” Following that is the door to the bathroom, as big as my current bedroom. In the bathroom are the normal bathroom fixtures, plus a washer and dryer tucked in behind the bathroom door. Wow. Further down a short hallway is my bedroom. Its not particularly large, but certainly larger than my current one. The closet doesn’t look like an afterthought, like the one I’ve got now. Its likely larger than all the closet space in this home combined. My bedroom has a door connecting it to the washroom; never in my entire life have I known such luxury.

Back to the front door; to the right, after the stairs to the basement, is the kitchen, dining area, and living area. The floor plan is open, no walls blocking the view from one area to another. There is a large ‘island’ between the areas which contains the sinks and dishwasher. Dishwasher!! I didn’t even know this place came with a dishwasher, another bonus. I’m not sure how often I will use it, but its there. The fridge is huge and clean and fairly new, the stove is one of those new-fangled flat top stoves. I’m in heaven. I wanted a large kitchen, and I got what I wanted, plus some!! Rather strange, considering I’ve always claimed to hate cooking.

The living area is larger than my entire first floor here which contains kitchen/dining room and living room. A large picture window faces the back yard and beside it is a single door going out onto the deck, where I anticipate placing the barbeque that I am hoping to purchase in the summer.

There is a playground within walking distance, and I’ve been told that there are three RCMP living within a block of my place. I believe its a ten minute walk to shopper’s drug mart, and a fifteen or twenty minute walk to my VBF’s home. A 24-hour gym is also just a ten-minute walk away, but that isn’t as important to me as the others.

The home is relatively new, only two years old, does not have trees in the yard as it is in a new development. That provides me with a clear view to the west which is where most summer storms come from. Perfect photo opportunities!

All in all, I am quite pleased with my choice, especially when I consider some of the other options available. And that will be another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment